Happy Monday ya’ll! So this weekend I had an idea to share 5 easy tips on how to achieve an expensive look with affordable pieces! You don’t have to break the bank to look like a “Million Bucks” you just need to remember 5 easy tips! These tips are ones I use OFTEN to achieve a pulled together look that appears I spent way more time and money than I did! All of these items I am linking by category are at the bottom of the post in a shoppable boutique for easy shopping as well! I hope you guys will enjoy these so lets get started:
- Wear Neutrals– Neutrals are KEY to achieving an expensive look on a budget! Black, white, ivory and blush are ALWAYS great options when it comes to a Classic appearance! Patterns and colors can “date” you so go for a simplistic closet to achieve looks you can wear from year to year that never go out of style
Picks for Neutral Looks:
- Bow sleeve blouse ($45)
- Ruffle Neck Tank
- Ruffle Long Sleeve Blouse
- Stripe Off the Shoulder Dress
- Flounce Halter Dress
- Perfect Lace Dress in Blush
- Asymmetrical Ruffle Dress
- Topshop Ruffle Top
- Eliza J Floral Applique Skirt (this is STUNNING and looks so couture)
- Crochet Maxi
2. Classic Design Shoes – I am the first to say I love a great DUPE! When it comes to shoes I like to pick ones that have a classic design so that it doesn’t date your look! A pair or shoes can elevate an outfit like no other! I love to pair an expensive (or look a like 🙂 ) pair of heels with a moderate priced look and it pulls the look together!
- Valentino Rockstud Heel – These are expensive, but are ALWAYS in style and elevate any look! These are a great investment pair!
- Steve Madden ‘Tito’ Sandal
- Pearl Embellished Heel
- Pearl studded bootie (these are sooo awesome!)
- Blush Peep Toe Mule
- Natural Pearl Bootie
- Nude Strap Heel (Under $100-great basic)
- Hermes Sandal Dupes Under ($25!!!)
- Gucci Mule Dupes ($27!)
- Pom Pom Mules
3. Traditional Outerwear – choose designs and styles that come back year to year such as a great faux leather or leather moto jacket, puffer jacket, breasted pea coat and classic trench! These styles are year over year favorites and will not date your wardrobe.
- Light Pink Moto Jacket
- Fur Trim Coat
- Faux Suede Jacket (awesome colors and price!)
- BlankNYC Suede Jacket (my personal favorite; I have it in 3 colors 🙂 )
- Leather Trim Trench Coat ( sooo classic!)
- Sleek Blush Trench
- Double Breasted Peak Coat w/ Fur (splurge, but classic!)
- Double Breasted Pea Coat
- Classic Black Puffer ( I personally have this jacket and wear it ALL winter!)
- Pearl Pleated Classic Blazer
4. Simplistic Accessories– With accessories like jewelry, to me, less is MORE! A simple gold or silver bangle is always chic as well as a statement pair of studs and delicate necklace! Also, a classic bag pulls together a look! Handbags are ever changing, but certain styles are always in style so try to pick ones that are repeats!
- Monica Vinader Classic Chain (this is a splurge, but sooo stunning!)
- Monica Vinader Alphabet Necklace
- Styled Collective Gold Bangle (have this bracelet and wear ALL the time, only $34)
- Styled Collective Gold Bangle
- Pearl Crossbody (the perfect evening bag looks so Chanel for $48!)
- Rebecca Minkoff Medium Leather Crossbody
- Rebecca Minkoff ‘Love’ Crossbody – looks like Chanel!
- Chloe look a like Saddle Bag
- Pearl Stud Earrings
- Pearl Dangle Stud
5. Neutral Makeup – Makeup is like the “cherry on top” when it comes to pulling off a classic look! I am linking below my favorite neutral eye palettes, lipstick, blushed and highlight! To me, a neutral makeup look starts with soft pinks and bronze tones!
- MAC ‘Faux’ Lipstick (my all time favorite and EVERYDAY color!)
- Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara (best mascara EVER!)
- MAC ‘Warm Soul’ Blush – the perfect color for a ‘sunkissed’ look
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish – love this coverage; lightweight over foundation
- Becca Cosmetics Champagne Pop Highlighter – best ever to add that fresh ‘glow’
- Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette – I use this palette daily and it’s worth the splurge – great pigments and blush tones for everyday looks that can be vamped up for evening!
- MAC pigment in color ‘tan’ – this product adds a gold sparkle to lid in a subtle brightening way (apply damp!)
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer and Under eye brightener – I apply after foundation under eyes to brighten and freshen my look for the day!
- MAC Brushstroke Liner – felt tip with liquid effect for precise line
- Bobbi Brown Pale Pink Blush – wore this for my wedding and still it to have a soft pink glow!
I hope you all enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it! I know this post is a little more ‘in depth’ that I typically go, but I wanted to share these tips with you all! I have done an entire shoppable boutique below where ALL the item above are linked and all you have to do it click the item and it will take you right to purchase! Let me know what you all thought about this post in the comment section below!
Shop my 5 Tips for a Classic Look Here: