Hey guys!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN MONTH!! This week I wanted to share a fun easy costume idea for ‘Mommy & Me’ as well as a few fun easy ideas for making Halloween treats as a family! My goal for these recipes is to be fun, easy and make as little mess as possible (if you feel me 🙂 ).
‘Spooky’ Trail Mix:
Bugles (look like fingernails:) )
Puppy Show Chex
** Literally you can put anything you want in this mix! I am a peanut butter and chocolate girl so I made mine a little sweeter, but you could add pretzels, chocolate chips, marshmallows or any things that you like and it’s so easy to bag-up and give to trick or treaters or keep for yourself!
Haystacks (personal favorites):
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup peanut butter (I LOVE JIFF!)
1/2 cocktail peanuts
2 cups chow mein noodles
- Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter on top of a double boiler, or in a microwave. Blend together.
- Stir peanuts and noodles gently into the melted peanut butter mixture.
- Drop dough by forkfuls onto waxed paper. Cool until set.
These will last AT LEAST a week in the fridge and are soooo good to grab on the go! If you are a butterscotch fan , these are the BEST little treat!
FUN FACT: Haystacks were one of only like 4 pregnancy cravings I had and I made a hugs batch of these just for myself (and Brayden 🙂 ) in my first trimester!
EASY HEALTHY SNACKS:
- Draw a pumpkin face with a permanent marker on a clementine… easy and SIMPLE!
- Cut two apple slices, put peanut butter on the inside of both and fill in with marshmallows to look like teeth (so easy! Idea: https://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/g2500/halloween-snacks/?slide=25)
NUTTER BUTTER GHOST:
Dip half of a nutter butter in melted white chocolate Candi-Quick, let dry and take black icing and make eyes! (only 3 ingredients and soo yummy!)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate, melted
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
So I wanted an easy fun outfit to match Brayden and I kept racking my brain for the best idea and it finally hit me… Baby and mommy deer! The adult deer costume has been a favorite for a couple years since it was a snapchat filter, but I have never tried it and figured it would be pretty easy and fun! I personally wanted a costume that was practical, affordable and easy. I already had the makeup except for the white to make the spots so all I invested in was this cozy pullover that I am going to wear ALL the TIME this Fall and Winter! You could easily recreate this look with a brown fluffy vest, any fluffy coat and this antler hairband was Under $20 and super cute! I finished the look off with my FAVORITE spanx faux leather moto leggings that I have worn on repeat since I got them! I got a size Medium in these leggings because they run a little small and I am a US4/6 but closer to a 4.
As far as makeup I used my Naked Heat palette for eye shadows, my regular foundation and concealers and then did extra contour with my Hoola Cream Contour Stick (use this daily and LOVE!), and the nose with the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in black and for the dots I used the white NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil and they worked like a DREAM and creamier than a face paint and are available at Target!
Brayden’s costume is SOOOO sweet and currently ON SALE Under $50! It is the Baby Deer Woodland Costume from Pottery Barn. I actually got 3 costumes from Pottery Barn including these two show below and all of them were so cute and affordable!
I had sooo much fun prepping and sharing these fun easy ideas for you all! I would love to hear your feedback as well as what you all do for Halloween! To say that I am THRILLED for Brayden’s first Halloween, that is an understatement! I hope you all will have a fantastic week and if you try out this easy costume or one of the recipes, let me know your thoughts!!!
Shop our Halloween Looks: