Hey guys! Sorry for being a little MIA on the blog, but newborn life is no joke! I am in LOVE with every moment with my son, Brayden and so blessed to be able to stay home with him each day! I did want to say that every day has its own battles but having a child is such a blessing from God!
We recently got back our newborn photos and I wanted to share a few of them that are my personal favorite as well as share our top items since we brought sweet Brayden home! I wanted to share my top items that Brayden and I both LOVE and are so grateful that we have! This post is in NO WAY sponsored, it is what I have personally tried out for the past two months and loved!
- Dock-A-Tot– OK, I was one of those co-sleeping critics, I’ll go ahead and admit that! Brayden was only 6lb. 11 ounces when he was born and got down to 6lb 5oz. and every swaddle I had wouldn’t work and his Halo Bassinet seemed a little cold for him and he just would not stay in it…. Those first few weeks were ROUGH! I was trying to breastfeed, he wouldn’t latch, I was WORN OUT on physical, emotional level that I could not even phathom…. The only way my son would sleep was on my chest and we were on the couch every night and getting such broken sleep that it was not healthy for anyone! I finally realized that the Dock-A-Tot that I was so not sure about may be my saving grace and it was! Now, Brayden loves being swaddled (hes bigger and fits in the swaddles – I will share our favorites in this post) and we lay him in the Dock-A-Tot in his bassinet and he loves it.
- Halo Bassinet – Like I said, at first Brayden did not like this bassinet, it took almost 2 months and he still will only sleep in it for naps and about half of the night, but we love it! I love that this sleeper can be pushed right beside the bed, I can see my son and it swivels for easy access! I also love that the Dock-A-Tot fits into the bassinet and gives him more cushion and warmth (this baby LOVES to be WARM!)
- SwaddleMe Swaddles – these are so easy and have velcro closures and my son LOVES these!
- Miracle Blanket Swaddle -THESE truly are a MIRACLE! They are so easy to use and fit multiple size babies and keep him feeling so secure!
- Lansinoh Hands Free Pumping Bra – LIFESAVER! Allows me to pump hold my son, work and do anything with my hands!
- Fawn Design Diaper Bag – LOVE the leather, the design and it holds EVERYTHING I need while looking so chic and not too girly for my husband to carry!
- Munchkin Arm & Hammer Diaper Bag Disposal Bags
- SkipHop Washable Changing Pad
- Avent Pacifier – we call my sons his ‘papi’ and it goes EVERYWHERE with us! He loves when I put my finger in it sometimes to calm him!
- Nuna Pipa Lite Carseat (MUST HAVE!) -so LITE!
- Uppababy Vista Stroller – my son LOVES the bassinet and it can also be an in home sleeper
- Boppy Comfy Fit Carrier – so lightweight and soft! I LOVE this as a lightweight carrier for grocery shopping and quick trips over the Ergo, but love the Ergo for long walks so far!
- Ergobaby 360 Carrier – very comfortable, get the infant insert for this carrier for a newborn, but it was the only way I could grocery shop the first few weeks!
- Boppy Newborn Lounger – my son uses this EVERY SINGLE DAY! He lays in this when I pump, when we eat, shower, when I need to get things done etc. GET THIS FOR SURE!
- Aden + Anais Swaddle Cloths – I use these as blankets, swaddles, burp cloths or pretty much anything I need them for! They are great, breathable fabrics and safe for baby!
- Boon Drying ‘Grass’ – This makes drying hand washed pump parts/bottles so convenient because they can dry so fast on this ‘grass’ and it sits right beside the sink for easy access!
- Gripe Water – I was told about this from numerous Mommy’s and its GREAT! My son has been getting very fussy from 5pm-7pm around weeks 5-8 apparently something called the ‘Witching Hour’ and gripe water truly does help calm him during that time if I can’t soothe him! This is an all natural remedy and you can give to newborns starting at 2 weeks old!
- Spectra S2 Pump – I LOVE this pump! It is one that has to be plugged into an outlet, but it expresses milk GREAT and does not hurt! I admit every time I start pumping its a little uncomfortable, but after a minute it goes away and I love this pump! I did get insurance to pay for this one and I’m so glad I went with the Spectra!
- Willow Breast Pump – I shared an entire post about this pump HERE since it is so new! The Willow is a lifesaver when you are on the run and having to be out of the house and don’t want to fuss with hands-free bras, outlets and bottles when you are in the car!! I highly recommend this pump for active Moms!
- Munchkin Disposable Diaper Bags– this is a product I would not have even thought about had my sister in law not told me, but it makes so much sense… these are scented bags that clip to the outside of your diaper bag to throw away dirty diapers! They have been a lifesaver when you are out and about with no trash can or you want to conceal what you are throwing away! My husband is a HUGE fan of these (he makes sure we always are stocked up 😉 )
- Keekaroo Diaper Changing Pad – LOVE this! This changing pad is AMAZING! It sits in our bathroom and its easily wipeable when little one has a BIG MESS! I love that it can be cleaned and wiped down after each use with nothing to wash!
I hope you all enjoyed this post! There are plenty of other amazing products, but these are ones I use practically DAILY so wanted to share with you guys, since I have had so many questions!! If you have any favorite baby products as they continue to grow, please let me know! I love sharing products with all of you and hearing from you! I have learned the best help is other moms!! I hope that each of you will have a fantastic Tuesday!
Shop the Post: