Happy Thursday love bugs!! I am sitting here in my office at home eating those Sugarfina Sugar Lips you see in that photo and listening to Chainsmokers song: Closer so loud getting this day started with my FAVORITE beauty product for Fall; lipstick! Fall is such a fun time to change up that neutral natural- glow look you had for summer and switch to a soft matte eye pallete and BOLD lip! Fall to me means wines, purples, blood reds, browns and the perfect mauve neutrals that don’t make you look washed out! I also wanted to link my nail color above because I had questions on it and it is OPI: Lincoln Park After Dark and ya’ll it’s the perfect midnight color without going black! Now on to the dish on some of my long time and current favorite FALL Lip Shades!
One HUGE tip before applying a dark shade to your lips is PRIME them! There is a new product I have been trying and it is a lip mask by Kaplan MD and it is the Lip 20 Mask and this product is amazing at nourishing your lips with papaya extract as well as plumps! This mask truly does plump the lips and gives them the appearance that they are bigger and fuller! I have been using the product this week and can already tell my lips are much more moisturized and my lipstick goes on so smoothly! The Lip Balm also comes with the mask and it is super nourishing for longer results after using the mask! I highly recommend this product for when the seasons start changing and we start using more heat and everything gets all dry! I also recommend using a primer on the lips before applying a dark stain to them and my favorite is the MAC Prep + Prime Lip. I apply this all over my lips as a barrier to keep from staining them so much! Now on to my favorite colors!
- Ruby Woo by MAC is the truest of true reds I have found with a blue undertone and looks FABULOUS on every skin tone! This is a matte shade so you definitely need a primer underneath so it isn’t too dry
- Urban Decay Vice 714 is a new shade by one of my favorite brands and it is a creamy red with slight pink undertones and is an everyday red that I can’t get enough of!
- Afghan Red by Nars – a more burgundy red that is stunning! My mom actually found this one and I loved it so much I bought it that same day!
- Urban Decay – Manic – the perfect plum red and super moisturizing and smooth
- Vampire by Kat Von D – this is a DEEEP red that is soo HOTTT on and puts those from the movie Twilit to shame hahaha; this color is dark and deep but so fantastic for a night out on the town and just plain SEXY!
- “Rebel” by MAC! THIS COLOR IS MY FAVORITE FOR FALL!! I am wearing it in the photo above and LOVEEEEEEEEEEE – if there is one lipstick you by from this post GET THIS! I tried it in Vegas 2 years ago when my sister had her makeup professionally done and this color was INSANELY GORGEOUS
- Plumful by MAC – a lighter pink purple that goes great for someone who is scared to try Rebel (which don’t be 🙂 ) but if you are more neutral it is a neutral purple
- Kat Von D Lolita – this is an everlasting liquid lip that sets matte and was sold out for weeks last year and the perfect brown purple and does not move! This lip stain will stay put for hours!!!! It is the most amazing color and is neutral with just enough color!
- Too Faced Melted Chihuahua – this name is hilarious, but this color is AHHH-MAZING! It is a darker mauve neutral but so stunning on every skin color! I recently used it on an entire bridal party and they LOVED it!
- Anastasia Pure Hollywood – a lasting lip stain and is a TRUE neutral! This shade is light, but seriously the perfect NUDE! I love how is goes on as a gloss but sets matte and stays put all day!
- Tarte Lip Sculpter color VIP – OBSESSED! I love that this is the lipstick and lip gloss all in one! I seriously wore this color for a straight month and did not change because I loved that it was neutral but also had a little more color to make my skin a little brighter
- Whirl by MAC – this color is a true beautiful darker brown and everyone looks amazing in it
- Flat Out Fabulous by MAC – this color is just that!! This is a lip color that I was introduced to in Vegas 2 years ago and every time I wear it I get compliments! It is a deep pink/purple, bright and stunning!!! I wear this color with a light matte eye and can’t get enough! It is my FALL PINK!
- Hot Gossip – the tried and true PERFECT SHADE for ALL SKIN TONES and I have worn it for 9 years!!! I found this color back in 2007 and have been rocking it ever since! Tip: I use this on ALL brides in the Spring/Summer and no matter skin color it works! This is a STAPLE in my purse EVERY DAY!
*** Now for many of us who don’t have the fullest lips and have the problem of lipstick coming off quickly, LIP LINER is going to be your BEST FRIEND! I think people in their 20’s are scared of lip liner, but ya’ll if you aren’t using it with your lipstick then you NEED TO! MY FAVORITE LIP LINER EVER is MAC WHIRL! I can literally wear this lip liner with almost any color I have mentioned minus a few of the bright reds and in that case I use the MAC Cherry Lip Liner. I have mentioned so many lipsticks I wanted to let you all know a pretty universal liner that can vary depending on how hard you press for color!
So after checking this out, let me know what your favorite Fall Lip Shade is! I LOVE nothing more than hearing other people’s favorites so I can add to my collection (although my husband may not like that 🙂 ) I can’t lie, makeup is my PASSION and I hope to be able to share more of my favorites soon! Don’t forget I created a Fall Boutique on the blog with outfit looks I’m LOVING here so check that out for some Fall inspiration! Now all we need is this rain to stop and the temps to decrease! Happy Thursday “Hollyday” babes!
Shop the Post: