The Liebster Award is given to newbie bloggers by other bloggers as a way to support & promote each other! So amazing, right?!
THANK YOU to Jennifer from Shopping Bags & Travel Bags for the nomination. Jennifer is so amazingly sweet and equally stylish! You should definitely go check out her amazing blog for great tips and tricks!
1. Post your award to your blog.
2. Answer the questions that you were given from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate a few new bloggers you’ve discovered.
4. Create 10 new questions for the nominees.
5. Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
Answering the Questions from Jennifer…
1. What would be your one tip for a new blogger?
Go for it! I had been toying with the idea of a blog for almost a year and each time I got started I got so intimidated. The fear of running a website was scary enough and I honestly did not give myself enough credit. I questioned every time, “What do I have to say that people will want to read?” I can tell you that starting is the biggest challenge and new ideas come with each new day! There are so many networks of amazing people that will help and support you! Follow Your Dreams!
2. Favorite place to shop?
Can my answer be, EVERYWHERE?!?! (hahahaha, but really though) I love online shopping because it is so convenient and you can price shop easily. Some of my favorite online retailers are Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, ASOS, Revolve Clothing & Shopbop! I equally love shopping local and since I am from Raleigh, NC I love shopping at Cameron Village & North Hills. I love boutiques: Uniquities, Palm Avenue, Charlotte’s & Madison are a few of my Raleigh favorites!
3. Online shopper or in store?
I kind of answered some of this is the above question, but if I had to do a percentage I probably shop online the most 😉
4. Describe your go to outfit.
My go-to outfit, in the Fall, when I am not working is black pants, an over-sized or flowy blouse, boots, a long necklace and usually a stack of bracelets. I think I sometimes overdo jewelry, but I LOVE it!
5. What is on your bucket list for this Fall?
I really want to go to the mountains and more specifically, Asheville, NC while the leaves are changing! Fall is the absolute most beautiful season to me! The Fall is such a wonderful time and with the changing of seasons comes new and exciting possibility! I also want to go to a real apple orchard! I love apples and think it would be so serene and really get me in the Fall spirit!
6. Where is your favorite place that you have traveled to?
This past summer my husband and I went to Napa, CA, wine country! It was absolutely breathtaking! It took what I thought Napa would be and exceeded it ten times over! The rolling hills, wineries at every turn and vineyards lining the roads… What could be better? If you have the opportunity to go, don’t pass it up!
7. What is your favorite part of blogging?
Blogging is so fun to me because it gives me an outlet to allow people a sneek peak into who I really am! I have always enjoyed sharing fashion and makeup tips and tricks with other women and this has been a great way to do that! I love learning from other women and hope that maybe someone can learn something from me! Women empowering other women is so powerful and needed in this society today!
8. Red or White wine?
Red!!!! I can’t do white wine because it gives me a headache. My favorite Reds are Cabernet, Merlot & Shiraz. My absolute favorite red wine is Dreaming Crush by Dave Matthews!
9. Does your Sunday Funday consists of PJ’s on the couch or an outdoor adventure?
Well, I usually go to church so it starts out with my Sunday clothes and then yoga pants are calling my name! There’s nothing I love more than Sunday afternoon yoga pants, an oversized tee shirt and wait for it… Pretty Little Liars! I am a HUGE Pretty Little Liars fan, I may be too old, but after 6 seasons figuring out “A” is a necessity!
10. One item of clothing that everyone should have in their closet.
A great pair of denim! I am a huge believer in a good pair of jeans and I am willing to spend the money on the ones that fit just right with just the right amount of stretch! In the Fall I can wear the same pair of jeans three times in the week, change the blouse and boots and have countless outfits! My favorite brands of jeans are: Seven for All Mankind, J Brand, Citizens of Humanity & Frame Denim.
Shell from A Courageous Beauty
Danielle from Danielle Davis Style
Hannah from Loubs & Lips
Nadine from Denim Beans
My Questions for the Nominees:
1. What made you want to start your blog?
2. Do you have any specific goals for the rest of the year?
3. Who was your first style icon?
4. What’s the one thing in your wardrobe you can’t live without?
5. Who takes most of your photos?
6. What are your plans for Halloween?
7. What piece of advice would you give someone who has thought about starting a blog?
8. What’s your favorite Fall activity?
9. How would you describe your personal style?
10. Who has impacted you most in blogging?
Can’t wait to hear all of your answers!! Lots of love!