Hey guys! So if any of you have been following me for any length of time, you know I am a FREAK about skincare! My husband jokes with me almost weekly about how my face is going to fall off from all the cleaning, moisturizers and masks I use each week! I have been a HUGE skincare fanatic since I was probably 12 years old! My mom always told me to wash my face every night to remove all the dirt and makeup! My grandmother had a beauty salon so I was trying night creams and eye creams at an early age (of which I am so thankful now!) . I love to try new skincare products and I also love to find ones at various price points perfect for ANY budget so when Formula 10.0.6 wanted to send me some face masks to try and review for you all I was really excited! So here’s the few products I tried and really liked:
Formula 10.0.6 Best Face Forward Daily Foaming Cleanser – This cleanser has a clean smell and foams REALLY good! I love a great face wash that actually lathers when I wash my face! This one made my face smell great and it felt super smooth and clean! It has green tea, chamomile and passionfruit all of which cleans and balance skin! This retails for $5.99
Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Moisturizer – this moisturizer helps with Shine! It is a matte moisturizer and when I put it on my skin it absorbed quickly and did not seem sticky or heavy on the skin as some moisturizers do; which helps with makeup going on smooth! The lotion has aloe to soften skin and bamboo to absorb excess oil and retails for 6.99! This is a great moisturizer to have on hand for summer and extra shiny skin!
Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin-Clarifying Mud Mask – This mud mask is different than other mud masks I have tried because it smells like berries! Other mud masks I have tried smell more like actual mud ahahah so this one started off great just from the smell! It is for clogged pores and I have used it a few times and my skin always looks fresher the next day. The formula of this mud mask is thinner and not gritty; it goes on smooth thin which I like! This is a great mask to use a couple times a week to keep the skin fresh! This one retails for $6.99!
There were lots of other products in the box I received and I have linked some of my favorites also below! Make sure to check them out now in Target! I would love to know if you all get these and what you think about them!
Shop the Post:
Happy Monday ya’ll! So this weekend I had an idea to share 5 easy tips on how to achieve an expensive look with affordable pieces! You don’t have to break the bank to look like a “Million Bucks” you just need to remember 5 easy tips! These tips are ones I use OFTEN to achieve a pulled together look that appears I spent way more time and money than I did! All of these items I am linking by category are at the bottom of the post in a shoppable boutique for easy shopping as well! I hope you guys will enjoy these so lets get started:
- Wear Neutrals– Neutrals are KEY to achieving an expensive look on a budget! Black, white, ivory and blush are ALWAYS great options when it comes to a Classic appearance! Patterns and colors can “date” you so go for a simplistic closet to achieve looks you can wear from year to year that never go out of style
Picks for Neutral Looks:
- Bow sleeve blouse ($45)
- Ruffle Neck Tank
- Ruffle Long Sleeve Blouse
- Stripe Off the Shoulder Dress
- Flounce Halter Dress
- Perfect Lace Dress in Blush
- Asymmetrical Ruffle Dress
- Topshop Ruffle Top
- Eliza J Floral Applique Skirt (this is STUNNING and looks so couture)
- Crochet Maxi
2. Classic Design Shoes – I am the first to say I love a great DUPE! When it comes to shoes I like to pick ones that have a classic design so that it doesn’t date your look! A pair or shoes can elevate an outfit like no other! I love to pair an expensive (or look a like 🙂 ) pair of heels with a moderate priced look and it pulls the look together!
- Valentino Rockstud Heel – These are expensive, but are ALWAYS in style and elevate any look! These are a great investment pair!
- Steve Madden ‘Tito’ Sandal
- Pearl Embellished Heel
- Pearl studded bootie (these are sooo awesome!)
- Blush Peep Toe Mule
- Natural Pearl Bootie
- Nude Strap Heel (Under $100-great basic)
- Hermes Sandal Dupes Under ($25!!!)
- Gucci Mule Dupes ($27!)
- Pom Pom Mules
3. Traditional Outerwear – choose designs and styles that come back year to year such as a great faux leather or leather moto jacket, puffer jacket, breasted pea coat and classic trench! These styles are year over year favorites and will not date your wardrobe.
- Light Pink Moto Jacket
- Fur Trim Coat
- Faux Suede Jacket (awesome colors and price!)
- BlankNYC Suede Jacket (my personal favorite; I have it in 3 colors 🙂 )
- Leather Trim Trench Coat ( sooo classic!)
- Sleek Blush Trench
- Double Breasted Peak Coat w/ Fur (splurge, but classic!)
- Double Breasted Pea Coat
- Classic Black Puffer ( I personally have this jacket and wear it ALL winter!)
- Pearl Pleated Classic Blazer
4. Simplistic Accessories– With accessories like jewelry, to me, less is MORE! A simple gold or silver bangle is always chic as well as a statement pair of studs and delicate necklace! Also, a classic bag pulls together a look! Handbags are ever changing, but certain styles are always in style so try to pick ones that are repeats!
- Monica Vinader Classic Chain (this is a splurge, but sooo stunning!)
- Monica Vinader Alphabet Necklace
- Styled Collective Gold Bangle (have this bracelet and wear ALL the time, only $34)
- Styled Collective Gold Bangle
- Pearl Crossbody (the perfect evening bag looks so Chanel for $48!)
- Rebecca Minkoff Medium Leather Crossbody
- Rebecca Minkoff ‘Love’ Crossbody – looks like Chanel!
- Chloe look a like Saddle Bag
- Pearl Stud Earrings
- Pearl Dangle Stud
5. Neutral Makeup – Makeup is like the “cherry on top” when it comes to pulling off a classic look! I am linking below my favorite neutral eye palettes, lipstick, blushed and highlight! To me, a neutral makeup look starts with soft pinks and bronze tones!
- MAC ‘Faux’ Lipstick (my all time favorite and EVERYDAY color!)
- Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara (best mascara EVER!)
- MAC ‘Warm Soul’ Blush – the perfect color for a ‘sunkissed’ look
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish – love this coverage; lightweight over foundation
- Becca Cosmetics Champagne Pop Highlighter – best ever to add that fresh ‘glow’
- Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette – I use this palette daily and it’s worth the splurge – great pigments and blush tones for everyday looks that can be vamped up for evening!
- MAC pigment in color ‘tan’ – this product adds a gold sparkle to lid in a subtle brightening way (apply damp!)
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer and Under eye brightener – I apply after foundation under eyes to brighten and freshen my look for the day!
- MAC Brushstroke Liner – felt tip with liquid effect for precise line
- Bobbi Brown Pale Pink Blush – wore this for my wedding and still it to have a soft pink glow!
I hope you all enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it! I know this post is a little more ‘in depth’ that I typically go, but I wanted to share these tips with you all! I have done an entire shoppable boutique below where ALL the item above are linked and all you have to do it click the item and it will take you right to purchase! Let me know what you all thought about this post in the comment section below!
Shop my 5 Tips for a Classic Look Here:
Happy Friday ya’ll! Today I am sharing a special post about HAIR! I get lots of questions often about what tools I use to create my curled looks and today I am dishing on one of my favorite hair tools… the T3 Interchangeable curling wand! If you all remember a few posts back I shared their amazing featherweight hair dryer and straightener that I use and today I wanted to share my curling “secret.” The T3 wand is made for any length hair and any look you are going for! The Interchangeable Wands include a 1″ straight barrel, a 1.5″ straight barrel, and a 1.25″ – 0.75″ tapered barrel. [Read more…]
Happy Sunday everyone!!! I just de-boarded a cruise ship here in Florida and I felt like I needed to share with you guys my current summer product favorites that last through HOT WEATHER! I have created a boutique below for you with all of the products I am currently using and loving! I have linked my favorite moisturizers, primers, eye shadows and hair tools that are perfect for hotter more humid weather! I don’t know if it is just me, but my beauty routine changes up when it get hotter and I am always looking for primer and moisturizer that help keep my skin nourished through the elements, while still making my makeup last and not “fall off!” I have linked all of my favorites below for you guys! All you have to do is click the “Read More” Tab and click any item you like and it will take you where you can purchase! Please let me know if you have any questions!
Summer Must Have Products: [Read more…]
Happy Tuesday everyone! This week I have wedding on the brain because my brother is GETTING MARRIED this Saturday and I can’t wait to have a new sister-in-law! I am one of four children and each of my siblings has gotten married except for my older brother, until now, and I can’t wait to celebrate him! With Easter now officially over guess what that means?!?!? BRING OUT THE WHITE CLOTHES!!! I am not one that follows the white after Easter rule, however, I usually don’t wear all white until I get a tan so that usually means after Easter 🙂 Today I have gone through some of my all time favorite retailers and made a boutique for you guys of ALL WHITE DRESSES, hope you enjoy and let me know your favorites!
Shop the White Dress Party: [Read more…]
Happy Wednesday babes!! Today I wanted to share some beauty favorites I am trying and loving! I have had lots of questions recently on what foundation, mascara and hair products I am using so today I wanted to share a few of my obsessions. So lets get started with my new favorite hair care line for BLONDIES!! [Read more…]
Happy Monday everyone! This past weekend I welcomed my baby niece Charley Grace into the world and who knew you could love someone so much and so quickly?!?!?!? I am hoping to catch up on some work and head to see her today, she’s the GREATEST! Today I wanted to share a few new products that I have been trying for my HAIR!! I get lots of questions on how to curl, straighten etc. so today I am sharing a few new products I am trying and that I am really loving!
The first product I have been trying is a shampoo/conditioner duo by brand; Function of Beauty! I had seen a few other bloggers post about this one-of-a-kind PERSONALIZED shampoo and conditioner so I had to try! If you are a blonde that colors your hair often you know our hair can be porous and brittle! I can not wash my hair without conditioner (lots of it!) So I created a quick profile on their site about my hair and i created a shampoo and conditioner for straight, fine and dry hair! My goals were to replenish, straighten, nourish roots and strengthen! You even get to choose a fragrance and I went with essential oils and it smells like a rejuvenating spa! If you are a blonde you know that purple shampoo is our best friend and helps pull the yellow and brassy color from our hair so this duo is perfect! The formula is then names fro YOU on the outside of the bottle, I mean how cute is that?!?! The sets start at $36 and totally worth a try! [Read more…]
Happy Thursday everyone! Today I wanted to share some of my latest and greatest beauty obsessions! I have been sharing some of these products on Snapchat and Instastory, but I have yet to review them for you all! So today will just be a few products that I am loving/using on a daily basis and, in my opinion, worth the splurge!
The first set of products is by one of my favorite new brands First Aid Beauty! First Aid beauty is a line that is all about your skin and the ingredients used in the products! I originally stumbled upon this brand in Sephora on one of my “quick” trips and noticed this primer as I was checking out!
The Vital Greens Mist is a wonderful spray for the skin! This spray is formulated with ingredients like spinach and kale (don’t worry it doesn’t smell) and then calming ingredients to keep your face guarded from all the environmental stressors we come in contact with daily! This spray is great as an after makeup primer!
The Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming moisturizer is such an ingredient rich pre-makeup primer! I have dry skin and this primer helps keep my skin hydrated and supple without making my makeup look “cakey!” I love the calming ingredients in this product and it makes my skin look extra dewy (which I think looks fresh!)
The Caffeine Matcha Makeup Remover Wipes are THE BOMB!!! These little wipes truly give your face that refreshing feeling in the morning and you don’t have to wash it off! These wipes remove any makeup leftover or for me are just a morning refresher! I am SUPER funny about making sure ALL of my makeup is off at night so I will use these, but I do wash my face (not necessary) but I do! However, in the morning when I have no makeup on anyway I run this across my face to “Wake Up” and don’t have to wash it!
Tarte recently came out with a concealer that I contemplated purchasing and then after so many people suggested I finally got it… SHAPE TAPE!! THIS CONCEALER IS A MUST HAVE! If you purchase 1 item from today’s blog post, let this be IT!!!!! This concealer is beyond amazing! I purchased it in the “light” shade because I use it under my eyes to brighten BEFORE & AFTER foundation! Yes, I use it twice daily! The consistency is thicker, but smooth! I have never found one so full coverage that was also ‘buildable’ and DOES NOT CREASE! I set my under eye concealer with my Laura Mercier Translucent Powder and they are so much brighter and bolder!
Tarte also just released a new mascara… MANEATER! I’m not gonna lie, I wear false lashes WAY too often! I was noticing that I was wearing them 4 times a week practically and I decided this was too much and needed to get back to the basics! The eyes are the most sensitive skin on the face and I was nervous I was doing damage I couldn’t reverse long term buy putting glue on my eye lids that often! With that said, I went on a search for a mascara that would help me feel like I had falsies on and I stumbled on the MANEATER mascara! I AM OBSESSED!!!! I put probably 10 coats on each eye and this mascara instantly opens and separates my lashes! Everyone’s lashes are different, but for me this mascara really does elongate and separate (so hard to find in one formula)! The Maneater and the Shape Tape are both only sold at Ulta so grab them quickly before they are SOLD OUT! [Read more…]
Happy Hump Day!!! Today I have a very exciting and special post for you all because I am spotlighting a local business who I absolutely adore, Wake Plastic Surgery! Ok, so before you jump to quickly I haven’t done any invasive work or anything major, however I did get the best microdermabrasion at their amazing facility yesterday! For those of you who have never heard of microdermabrasion here is a quick overview from their website:
The microdermabrasion process:
During a microdermabrasion treatment, your Wake Plastic Surgery skin care professional uses a wand with diamond chips to gently exfoliate the skin. As dull outer layers of skin are sloughed away, smoother, more even skin is revealed.
The procedure produces instantly noticeable results. For optimum results, our Cary, NC microdermabrasion specialists recommend a series of treatments.
- Creates smoother, more youthful skin
- Minimizes acne scars, sun damage & large pores
- Evens skin tone & complexion
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
- Effective on all areas of the body, including face, back, chest and arms